Friday, October 24, 2014

Band Review: High Pressure Flash


I have been listening to High Pressure Flash this week, a four-person rock band out of Sandy, Utah, and their album My Sanctity. I have had two main thoughts.

One is that they remind me of Torche. They aren't really sludge; most of the influences they list are more along the lines of alternative and grunge, and that makes sense. "Red" especially seems to show at least the Seattle influence for that music. Still, there is that reminder of Torche, in terms of the force with which the music is delivered. This is good listening and decidedly rock.

(I also get a little flash of Archers of Loaf, but I'm pretty sure that one's not logical.)

The other thought that comes is specifically for another track, "Away From Here", and it feels so familiar. At first I thought it might be a cover, but I can't find any indication that it is. Somehow it just strikes a familiar chord emotionally, that hits home and doesn't need time to grow on you. It is a beautiful song, and one that resonated immediately. So, that's a pretty cool trick.







No comments: