Friday, January 02, 2015

Band Review: Nicholas Kade


There is a track on Nicholas Kade's 2012 album The Drive - "Deeper" that sounds like it is meant for slow dancing. It is not terribly slow, but it feels like you should be hanging on to your loved one, and finding the rhythm together.

(And if that sounds like a sexual reference, it's not. If I was going to go there I would point out "Bring Me Back".)

"Deeper" is probably my favorite track, though it was close with "Seven Hundred K", but the music is overall emotionally evocative, and well-preformed.

I focused on The Drive as it was kind of easier to find, but Kade himself has produced other work, both individually and in collaboration, and based on his web site will be continuing to do so. That's a good thing. I think he is one to watch.




No comments: