Thursday, May 05, 2016

Band Review: GoldMK and Another De Sade


I had two bands in this section without many songs, so I'm reviewing both today, though they are quite different.

GoldMK

This is the musical name for Gabriel Mafereka of Johannesburg, South Africa.

He doesn't really do much with his own music, using his Twitter profile to promote Mark Morrison, but Twitter did allow me to find his Soundcloud. While there is only one full track and one sample (and it looks like he participates on a cover for another group), they are really well done.

This is especially important to me, because so much of the hip hop that I get is not well done at all; these are tracks that I can enjoy.

So if Gabriel wanted to make more music of his own, I would check that out.




Another De Sade

Another De Sade is a melodic progressive rock group from Austin, Texas. I often worry about prog rock, but the emphasis on melodic is important, and keeps musical elements at the forefront.

Some of the influences listed include Coheed and Cambria and Circa Survive. This makes sense given the sense of drama to the music. The band is thinking epically while staying grounded.

Although they only have two tracks available, there are a number of live dates listed, which is a good sign.




No comments: