Wednesday, August 03, 2016

An end in sight?.


Much of the frustration in my life now is driven by uncertainty. The big one is "How long will I be unemployed?" but "How long will our family room be torn up?" has some mileage. There's just so much that you can't even plan.

I did come up with one end date that I believe I can manage.

I have been asked at times about turning some of my experiences with healing into a book. That has never seemed feasible. I have said it's because I don't know how it ends, though it's probably more accurate to say that it doesn't end. However, this phase of it will end, and that is something I can kind of schedule.

The assignments draw it out. I know that I will not complete the #365feministselfie challenge before March 1st, 2017. That could be enough time to get the other things done. I can finish transcribing my mission journal by then if I keep at it. The dates I have targeted for various types of dressing up will arrive before then. It's also enough time to finish blogging about all of the topics that have not yet been covered.

I am still very drawn to various political topics, and I still expect to get to them. It looks like there are about 30 weeks between now and March 1st; that's 90 non-music blogs, and some of the books can definitely be treated together.

Just in case there is any confusion, I am sure I will still have plenty of issues after I finish this phase. I don't know whether a book will be forthcoming or not, because telling people to read a lot of books and then write out their thoughts and feelings may not require an entire book.

It will still be a milestone, with interesting things and thoughts between now and then.

I will have to find some way to commemorate it.

No comments: